Alliance Pharmacy is owned and operated by Pharmacy Alliance ABN 92 103 792
Pharmacy Alliance is a member based organisation with over 500 independent pharmacy members across Australia. We provide procurement, marketing, IT, operational and HR support to our members.
Alliance Pharmacy is your local pharmacy, each is independently owned by people who have a passion for the health of the community they work in. Every Alliance is a little bit different, because every local pharmacy is focused on serving the unique needs of their own local community.
This document sets out the policy of Alliance Pharmacy Pty ABN 56 602 268 664 (‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) relating to the protection of the privacy of personal information. This policy document is intended to enable our customers and others who interact with Alliance Pharmacy to understand what types of personal information we collect, and what we do with such information in performing Alliance Pharmacy’s functions and in relation to our privacy obligation. We are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (“Act’s”) and committed to supporting the Australian Privacy Principals (“APP”). In addition, we are bound and committed to the privacy of health records contained in Health Legislation in every state.
This policy also outlines how to complain regarding any suspected privacy breach, what sort of information that ‘we’ keep and collect and how we hold, use and disclose information. Please take a moment to read this policy. When you provide ‘us’ with personal information (whether via one of our websites, in store, through any of our promotions, or otherwise you may submit your information to us, you agree to our use of your personal information in accordance with this policy. You agree that we may use all Information you provide us in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time.
What type of information Alliance Pharmacy collects and how we collect the information.
Alliance Pharmacy collects personal information from you, our customer in order to more effectively provide you with a better and more tailored service.
1. The kind of personal information that Alliance Pharmacy collects
We do not collect Personal Information about you, except when you provide it to us. We collect and use Personal Information from customers, users or visitors of our websites, social media channels, products or services. The type of Personal Information that we collect and use depends on the type of dealings that you have with us and can include:
- Your name
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Postal or delivery address
- Date of birth
- Doctors contact details
- Your opinions and preferences
- Transactional information
- About the products and services, you have purchased or enquired about.
- Your IP address and the dates and times of your visits to Alliance Pharmacy websites and information.
- Website data from Alliance Pharmacy website or websites you access whilst using Alliance Pharmacy internet and wireless networks.
- Any information required by law.
- Information regarding the devices you use to access our websites, applications or wireless networks
- Your patient profiles
Your Customer Profile which we ask you to enter for purchase of certain products and services is also Personal Information and is required for the following reasons:
- To ensure that products you purchase from us are appropriate for your healthcare to ensure that we provide you with health care services of the highest quality.
- To ensure that these products will not cause any potential interactions with other drugs, allergies or health conditions that you may currently take or have;
- Ensure that we abide by all laws and regulations regarding the sale of our products and services to you. If the Personal Information we request from you is not provided, it may affect our ability to provide these products, services and advice to you
If you would prefer that we do not collect any Personal Information from you, please do not provide us with any such information. You have no obligation to provide any information requested by us
2. How Alliance Pharmacy collects personal information
We collect Personal Information about you in a variety of ways, including:
- your purchases of our products or services
- when you visit or submit information through our website, social media or and other online channels.
- when you shop at our stores
- via website, including through online enquiry forms and cookies;
- applications for Healthy Rewards membership and future loyalty transactions;
- Registration and attendance at local events, tradeshows, workshops or any other;
- responses to surveys or research conducted by Alliance Pharmacy or on Alliance Pharmacy's behalf;
- When you participate in competitions, promotions or events, sweepstakes, questionnaire’s or rewards programs.
- social media and other external websites; and
- employment applications
The Personal Information collected by us will track your use or enhance your use and assist us with providing you a better service. We do not use or share Personal Information for any purpose other than the purpose disclosed. By providing your Personal Information to us, you acknowledge that you are authorised to provide such information to us.
3. Use and disclosure of Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the purpose for which the information is collected, we use it to
- improve or develop Alliance Pharmacy’s products and services
- improve our websites
- to operate, maintain and test and upgrade our systems
- to notify you of opportunities (whether product, service, recruitment or job opportunity);
- to notify you of products or services that we think you might be interested in
- marketing and promotional purposes
- to improve training and processes within our pharmacies or offices
- for research purposes
- disclosure by law
- to our third-party service providers, including service providers, agents or contractors located both inside and outside Australian borders for the purpose of market research.
If you provide your Personal Information to us, whether via one of our websites or social media channels, in store, through any of our promotions or competitions or otherwise, the information you provided may be used by us to include you in customer rewards programs, create and deliver to you direct mail, e-mails, SMS, surveys, or attend customer research or discussion groups or other communications containing products, services and event information, tips, promotions or competitions. If you prefer not to receive such information including those of any rewards program see section 5 below.
We may also contact you to respond to product questions or concerns that you may express. These types of communications are necessary to serve you, respond to your concerns and to provide the high level of customer service that we offer our customers.
These third parties may be located in and outside Australia. If you subsequently decide that you do not wish to receive information from them you may let us know by contacting us.
If you elect to participate in any promotions, competitions, sweepstakes, surveys, questionnaires or other events, the rule or terms and conditions for those events may indicate your Personal Information will be shared with third parties. By choosing to participate and submitting your Personal Information in that manner, you consent to disclosure of your Personal Information to such third parties.
4. Accessing and correcting the information Alliance Pharmacy keeps about you
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information collected or held by us is accurate and up-to-date at the time of collecting, however it is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide us is accurate and that you advise us of any changes to your details and that you have the authority to provide this Personal Information.
You may contact us at any time and ask for its correction if you feel that the Personal Information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete. Alternatively, you can also visit our website and log in to manage your Personal Information at any time by logging in with your username and password. Access to personal information on the website can only be performed by employees with a secured password, with access only performed when required. Access to this information is recorded by log files to track unauthorised access and modifications.
Customers may wish to remain anonymous and opt to use a pseudonym, for the purpose of registering for any marketing material only.
If we determine that Personal Information is no longer needed for any purpose, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify that Personal Information, unless we are required by law or a court or tribunal to retain information.
You may at any time request access to the information that Alliance Pharmacy has collected from you. Alliance Pharmacy prefers that this request be in writing. All enquiries should be made by contacting Alliance Pharmacy in one of the ways below:
Phone: 03 9860 3300
In Writing: Privacy Officer, Pharmacy Alliance, Level 4 111 Coventry St, South Bank VIC 3205
Alliance Pharmacy may require that you provide sufficient identification before allowing you to access the personal information held about you. If Alliance Pharmacy is required or authorised by law to do so, it may refuse to provide you with access to this information.
5. Direct Marketing
Where we have your express or implied consent, or where we are otherwise permitted by law, we may use your Personal Information to send you information about the products or services we offer, as well as other information that may be of interest to you. We may send this information by mail, email, SMS or telephone, on or via social media or other online channels (including customising online content advertised or displayed on our website or social media channels).
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us you may opt-out at any time by:
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include commercial electronic messages (email or SMS)
- by contacting us vis e-mail email@example.com
- by contacting us via post: Privacy Officer, Pharmacy Alliance, Level 4 111 Coventry St, South Bank VIC 3205
- by calling us on 03 9860 3300
If you opt out of all communications in-store or contacting us on any of the above details, if you opt out of customer reward programs such as Healthy Rewards will not have the effect of removing you from that program unless you specifically opt to do so.
6. Protection of your Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information we collect through any of our websites is protected from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration.
Our websites have electronic security systems in place, including the use of fire walls.
Despite our reasonable steps, we are unable to ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information transmitted to us. Accordingly, all Personal Information disclosure by you to us is at your own risk and we are not liable for any unauthorised access to the Personal Information.
More information about the Privacy law and the Australian Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner website www.privacy.gov.au
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to 03 9860 3300.
Pharmacy Alliance Level 4 111 Coventry St, South Bank VIC 3205